Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Writer Self-Study .

People have many different ways of expressing themselves, and writing is one of them. Writing is used to persuade, inform, and to describe things in a different light. In order to earn the title of a writer, one must effect readers in a way that no other ever has. Leaving a mark on people, making them think and showing them a different perspective on things, will make a writer memorable. To be a writer, one must go out of their way to connect with millions of very different people at one time. Being a good writer, depending on genre, can mean leaving your readers with a great understanding, or leaving them astounded with where you took their mind. It also means , having a distinct style that people will remember years after reading what was written by the author. I personally don't have a favorite writer, but I like any writer that will make me think, and make me wonder what I just read. I also love a writer that I can can connect with, and understand what the characters feel, even if I haven't experienced it, on some level. Although I may not reach the requirements of a writer, I see myself as a growing writer who's learning to expand. I don't consider myself a good writer, only because my mind hasn't ever allowed me to go that further step in order to connect with many people or make my writing memorable. I learned to write by reading many books, with many different styles, and taking all of that and putting it together with what I initially thought writing was. Being a very emotional person, I consider myself a passionate writer, because my writing is always based on how I feel, and that is also my favorite genre of writing, and I learn a lot from passionate books, and stories. To become better, I would like to be more thoughtful, and memorable. I also would like my style to be very different and interesting. I chose to do descriptive writing, because I feel that with my level of writing skills, is the only way I can become the slightest bit interesting. This is also what I enjoy, because it allows me freedom in my writing. I fear all writing styles to an extent, because I fear my writing will not be up to par. Doing this writing , I gained a sense of who I am as a writing, and who I want to become as a writer. This process was actually exciting, because I enjoy expressing what level I'm on, because it helps me to know what my real goals are and how I can achieve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment