Monday, August 18, 2014

Reader Autobiography .

People read for many reasons. For some people, reading is an escape from the real world, some read to be entertained, and some simply read to learn and understand new things. What makes a person a reader is when they have truly committed to the art of reading, and appreciate it. Being a reader doesn't necessarily mean reading numerous books...it means reading a piece of writing, analyzing it and getting meaning from it. Simply reading many things doesn't classify someone as a reader, it's what the person obtains from the reading that defines them as a true reader. In order to be a good writer, one must not just read the words on a page, but read between the lines, and draw conclusions with the context clues. Going further beyond the text determines if one is a good reader. I don't have a favorite author particularly, because there aren't many authors that I can truly connect with. Personally, I do consider myself a reader, because I love to read many different genres and I read for many different reasons. I search for meaning in every book that I read, and I try to connect with them as well. When reading I always think beyond the text and expand the ideas, and because of this I do consider myself a "good" reader. I learned how to read very long ago, because I've always loved books, and I learned mostly from my mother, but not so much by my teachers. Throughout my learning career, I've always been a horrible speller, but reading came to me easily. I am a very passionate reader, but I read through a very emotional lens as I am reading every time I read a novel. Although I read many genres, I would like to go out of my comfort zone when I am reading things I am not used to. Doing this will open me up to many different perspectives. I frequently choose to do reading that is connected to the life of a teenager, and how many different characters go through it. I enjoy anything romantic, or anything that is "too good to be true", and fantasies.Personally, I do judge books by their covers, because to me the way the author is able to connect to the reader just through the cover says a lot about their abilities. Being in school, meaningful reading is required so that we can truly use our minds to connect things, and these are the type of readings I fear. I fear them, barbecue I always feel that there is a deeper meaning that I may notice,  not connect to or, not understand. Doing this, I gained a sense of how I need to grow as a reader, and many ways of doing this. I learned that there is meaning to almost all reading and it is only a matter of how ones mind may see the reading. This process was slightly painful, because it is a little difficult to understand what true reading is, and how you can achieve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment