Monday, February 2, 2015
As a teen, I think that we what we think about most is how our futures are going to turn out. We wonder how everything we do everyday, will effect our future. We wonder, if things will be good, great or terrible. Everyday of our lives we subconsciously are afraid that things won't turn out a well as we hope. We think that maybe all of our hard work won't pay off...and we also think of the possibility that are hard work is no enough to support our dreams and goals. At the end of everyday, we do not have direct control of how our lives turn out, and that is viciously frightening for us everyday. It is frighting that everyday the decisions we make, as young and reckless teens will impact our adult lives no matter how hard we try. We look at television shows, and see the lives of people that may be us in the future. We wonder if we have have stereotypical adult lives, with hardly any money and regretful pasts. However, the hope that we will lead happy lives keeps us going everyday. Mostly, we are afraid that we will mess up. So as teens, everyday we do as much work as we can, we look a colleges to go to, and we try as hard as we can to be self-conscious of the decisions we make. As we think of these things daily, we also have to accept that although are mistakes are what breaks us in life, they are also the things that make us the people we will become. Although mistakes seem to be the enemy to a teens future, I strongly believe that without them things will not go as well as. Even though thinking about or future may be stressful at the time, sometimes I believe it is the only thing that keeps us going everyday until 4pm, through every week until Friday, and every month until summer time. With all the issues, and things we have on our minds, and the days we feel we have no reason to live, our future is what keeps us going in the present. It may not be good to live in the past or worry about the future, but some days in some situations the things that are not good for us can lead us to good. Just how being so stressed with school that our hair just might fall out is bad for us, but it will lead to a great future for us....someday. So, as teens we think of our future will turn out... it is stressful to have our whole lives on out shoulders at such a young age, but we do and nothing will change it. And all we can do is find out how to juggle everything at once. This pain, right here, everyday is what helps us find ourselves...and figure out what we want and need for our future. Living in the moment is something we must develop as time goes by, and hopefully us teens still have a lot of that.... ahead of us :) #BARZZZZZ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that us teenagers always think of our future and how it's going to turn out. We hope that it will be a great future but in reality our future is based on what we do in the present.
ReplyDeleteYes Tyshae! I totally agree with you. Most of the time when I talk to my friends they say they are stressed about college and basically everything concerning their future. I tend to just go with the flow and put my best effort into everything. As long as I know that I try my hardest then I am satisfied. This is probably why I seem so mellow and laid back, but I realized that whatever happens will happen and it's not worth freaking out about.
ReplyDelete