I feel that this dramatic irony is the core of this story. Every fact, and component of the story is based on the secrets within the story that the audience is aware of . Every twist and turn has some sort of affect on something else in the story and it has a ripple affect.
The fact that Oedipus seems to have a strong disgust toward the killer of the towns king , is every amusing it personally. In my opinion I feel that if Oedipus knew he had recently killed a man, that he should have been able to connect the dots. Mostly likely I feel this way, because I know the truth. Being that this story has so much dramatic irony, I am not sure.
Personally I feel know the truth, that the characters don't know , can blind the reader from exploring all meaning and emotions that can come of the true story . In this story I notice that the purpose of this story is to represent the power of fate, and how fate is inevitable.
I don't believe he would have been able to connect the dots. This is due to the fact that he believed the people that weren't his parents were his real parents.
ReplyDeleteI agree on how you stated that fate is inevitable, since it basically already chosen for you. I loved how you connected it.
ReplyDeleteI agree that he should have been able to connect the dots. How clueless and oblivious can a person be?
ReplyDelete